By Ryan Milowicki
Welcome back for another analysis of the Billboard Hot 100! Here’s all you need to know about the chart released today.
THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
- All Of Me by John Legend
- Fancy by Iggy Azalea f/Charli XCX
- Problem by Ariana Grande f/Iggy Azalea
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Turn Down For What by DJ Snake & Lil Jon
- Dark Horse by Katy Perry f/Juicy J
- Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo f/2 Chainz
- Not A Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake
- Love Never Felt So Good by Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake
- A Sky Full Of Stars by Coldplay
The biggest stories this week in the Top 10 occur at the bottom of the region, as Michael Jackson and Coldplay make historic entries into the Top 10. Let’s start with Coldplay, who register their 3rd career Top 10 (following “Speed Of Sound” and “Viva La Vida”) with “A Sky Full Of Stars,” their EDM-infused single featuring production from Avicii. Following strong sales of Ghost Stories and a well-watched TV concert special last week, “Stars” makes an enormous 43-10 leap.
For Jackson, his posthumous album Xscape debuted at #2 on the Albums chart this week, spurring an equally-impressive 22-9 spike in its third week on the Hot 100. It is Jackson’s first time appearing in the Top 10 since “You Rock My World” peaked at #10 in 2001.
To continue reading, see the full article at milowickipedia.wordpress.com